Click HERE to access an article about how to navigate Vision, set favorites, and find help.
Use the menu and go to Grade > Operations > My Summary Grid or use the search function found in the My Dashboard area. In the Search menu, enter “compute term.” Select Compute Term & Semester Averages from the search results. Click GO.
3. From the drop-down list, Select grade to calculate, choose the marking period for which you want to calculate the average. Only those grades that have been set up correctly (as final grade entry (FGE), with rules and weights) in the Admin Portal are available.
4. Use grade point value groups from level. The operation uses the level set for letter grades in Grade Book Configure Averages - General Rules, even if that option is not selected to be used. It will never use the level set in the Course Catalog. The same level is used to compute all letter grade averages.
5. Include withdrawn courses. Select this run-time option to include students’ withdrawn courses in the computation process.
6. Overwrite an existing grade with a calculated grade. This option is selected by default. When you take this option, the averaging operation will calculate a new average for those courses that already have an average entered manually through Classroom Management or the Student Grade Editor, calculated through the Teacher’s Grade Book, or computed through this operation.
7. Overwrite locked grades. Depending on how the Teacher Grade Book is configured, teachers may be able to lock semester or final average grades. By selecting this option, new averages will be calculated for locked grades.
8. View Current Weighting Rules. Click this button to open a window which displays the weighting options for the selected grade. All grade plans that include this grade and have had weighting rules set in Vision SIS are displayed. See below for an example.
9. Course Selections. Choose which courses or teachers for which you want to calculate averages. The grid can be sorted and filtered by each column. Use CTRL+click to select or deselect multiple rows.
10. Current Grade Rules Summarization. Click this to view the general rules set in Vision SIS.
11. Set the range of students to be processed. By default, all students in the current filter are selected. The selection of students can be further refined by using the filters in the Student Range area pictured below.
Click OK to return to the main setup area. The number of students selected is displayed: