Log into MMS Generations.
Change the student filter to All Students Sorted by Name.
Go to Biographical (BIO) > Operations > Mass Edit Student Records.
- Find the field SCH_Flag.
- Double click. Enter a capital A.
- All students must be Active in Scheduling for the Teacher/Student Responsibility to calculate correctly.
The above operation is a quick and easy way to make sure all students are active in Scheduling when running the following operation. A common mistake users make is to withdrawn a student, then making them inactive in everything.
Best Practice is to only make them inactive in BIO.
- The exception may be a student who intended to enroll, had a schedule, but never enrolled. The courses could be deleted, the student withdrawn from their courses, or the student could be made inactive in scheduling.
- In PVAAS Part 1, we covered how to edit the PIMS Course Catalog and how to select a subtest for each course involved in testing. This is considered the Default Subtest. If all of the sections promote the same test, no further editing is required. However, sections of a given course may offer a different subtest than the one selected in the PIMS Course Catalog. To enable a section to provide a subtest different than the default, go to School > Edit Course Sections.
- Edit the subtest as shown below if the section is different than the default in the PIMS Course Catalog.
- In the event that students in a particular section are given two tests, the students will need to be enrolled in an additional section. See KBA for “Mass Editing Student Schedules.” It is recommended that a Conditional Add be used. To prevent this section from showing up in the Teacher portal, do not assign a grade plan to the section.
- Go to PIMS > Create/Update Teacher Student Responsibility.
- Select operation to perform:
- Create records is the primary operation.
- If you make a mistake, there are three additional options are available:
- Delete records,
- Update starting dates,
- Update ending dates.
Note: These are to be used to make corrections after the table is processed the first time, if necessary.
- At the bottom right of the image above, outlined in orange, there is an option to Overwrite subtest codes. This is checked by default and can be left checked. When this table is created there are no existing codes to overwrite. However, if you realize after creating the table that the incorrect subtest was assigned to a course or section, this will update the subtest. It is okay to leave this option checked.
- Date of PSSA or Keystone exam: This is the date the exam is given to the students. Use this date in conjunction with the tab on the right – Course Selection. Choose the courses and sections that correspond to the selected subtest date. See image that follows.
- Include students not entered into attendance: Checked by default. If you have students enrolled in courses with no attendance and you need to report their course data in the Staff Student Course file, select this option. The process will assume the students entered on the first day of the course. Note: Dates come from the Scheduling Term Definition Editor and the selected semester in the course section editor.
- Default Calendar: If you are including students with no attendance records, this option is visible. Select the calendar that will be used to determine concurrent enrollment between teachers and students with no attendance records.
- Match Date of PSSA or Keystone exam with exam courses by selecting the Course Selection tab.
- Repeat step 5e until all subtests have been processed.
- This table cannot be edited. Results will be included in the final steps when building the Staff/Student Subtest table.
- Refer to KBA - “PVAAS Part 4 of 4 – Create/Update Staff/Student Subtest table”.